Our school is proud to be a Health Promoting School. Please note the following initiatives over the next term.
- Healthy Eating: We will be reviewing our policy on healthy eating and treats! Our Student Council will have a big role to play!
- Active School Flag: Renewal of our Active School status will begin in earnest next September!
- WOW Day: Our successful Walk on Wednesday will continue each week!
- Active Schools Week: This will coincide with our Annual Sports Day. More info to follow!
- Sports Equipment: Thanks to our Parent’s Association and our fundraising for new basketball posts, all classes will reap the benefit over the coming weeks – weather permitting!
- Skipping Workshop: Classes from 1st-6thare looking forward to May 3rd!
- School GAA Leagues & BBQ: Put June 9thin your diaries for our popular BBQ night in The Rockies. Leagues will be run off during school in May!
Well done to all staff and pupils who took part in the following:
- Operation Transformation 10@10
- Go Noodle
- Óga Yoga
- Sciath na Scol
- Green Schools
- School Garden
We really are a healthy, active school!
A fantastic day was had by 1st-6th Class recently when we hosted a workshop with Mark from ‘Skip’n’Rope’. Pupils learned some new skills and hopefully will put these skills to work in the future.
Beaumont Boys School Garden
Sensory path – Materials and Volunteers Required!
Saturday, 20th May – building of a sensory path
We are looking for volunteers (adults only) who are able to come along with shovels, wheelbarrows etc. to help build a sensory path. The path will run underneath the trees along the wall near the school gate towards the new school garden. It will include short sections of about 200 x 60 cm of different materials.
As only small quantities of the various materials are needed we would also really appreciate if some people had leftover materials at home which they are able to donate:
- logrolls, paving, pebbles, decking, rubber tiles, artificial grass etc.
Please contact us via email@example.com or via phone:
Pawel: 086 872 6775, Eileen: 087 959 5367, Ulrike: 086 192 8087
Refreshments on the day will be provided. An inauguration party for the path will be held in June.
Some examples of sensory paths:
Scoil Barra Buachaillí is part of the Health Promoting Schools Network. Our Healthy Eating policy was launched in October 2004, by the then Minister for Industry and Enterprise, Mr. Micheál Martin, T.D.